Thursday, December 15, 2016

Please Define "Normal"???



I am not an unkind person. With rare exception people who know me IRL would not call me unkind. I do try to be straightforward. Yes, sometimes blunt. Personally, I value honesty, even brutal honesty.  But I say nothing with the intent of being hurtful, and in general, unless one is hurting someone else I say nothing at all. But when you harm another in my presence? Be it ANY species (humans included), I have LONG been known as ‘the guy who steps in’.

Ever seen that show, “What would you do?” When a SCARY percentage of people do NOTHING? Yeah, that is NOT ME.

So please DO NOT EXPECT me to sit by and be quiet when something is being done of such injustice, of such horrific barbarism that I cannot believe I even sit next to a person or speak with any human on this entire Earth who is capable of such atrocity. Willful ignorance does not excuse such abhorrent deplorable depravity and systematic destruction of so much life, including that of our Earth itself. Oh no, it does not excuse what they are doing, and forcing us to be a part of.

This does not mean I do not love or like people who are nonvegan individually, but most vegans deal with some very conflicting emotions at times. We meet *nice* people all the time who are destroying everything we love. We *love* people who are pillaging the very beings and ecosystems we are trying to preserve. And they flat-out refuse to know. So it is admittedly hard not to look at them differently, to think of them differently.

I lack the ability to effectively understand them and what drives such a strong addiction to rotten flesh and pus drinks, or their animal-torture coat, or their love for the beaten-into-submission circus animals, etc. Such trivial and unnecessary *items*! At such a COST to others. But societal groupthink is so strong, that this triviality is seen to them as life-or-death *items* (which is ironic, since the true “life-or-death” is actually in reverse).

Such a strange world, now that I can view it a little more clearly - living in peace is seen as *extreme* but living covered in the blood of tortured and sexually assaulted animals, grieving mothers, dead babies, and enslaved animals is considered quite *normal*.

(Though this is changing, the word *vegan* is EVERYWHERE now! Thank you to so many who are working tirelessly to make the world a better place for all of us and to bring awareness to the masses, I sooooo appreciate you all!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disrespectful or nasty comments will be deleted. Thank you.