Sunday, August 24, 2014

So Happy to be Awake

My life has changed in countless ways
since I allowed myself to see
The pain inflicted onto others
the pain that reflected upon me

I didn’t want to know
yet I didn’t feel much choice
I strive to live a decent life
and lend the harmed my voice

Since that day of open mind
I could no longer turn away
Some things are clearly right or wrong
even simple things we do each day

When I accepted what I’d done
I was saddened and confused
What to eat, wear, or do?
All the beings I had used

One thing that was for sure
my life in disarray
I would not be returning
to how I had been the prior day

At first all change is hard
it can be unclear just what to do
But quickly a new way emerged
while finding other knowledge too

Now I feel awakened
like I had lived parts of life asleep
So much meaning makes me joyous
to live a life so very deep

Never would I go back
my will won’t ever break
I’m so grateful for my life
and I’m so glad to be awake

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disrespectful or nasty comments will be deleted. Thank you.