Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Ignorance, Apathy, or Vegan?


The first time I ever recall hearing the word “vegan” I had one immediate thought…with no real information and little supporting evidence my immediate thought – No, my immediate KNOWLEDGE – was, “They are right.”

I knew it in an instant. It wasn’t “Maybe they are right,” or “I supposed it is possible they are right.” Nope. Immediately I knew. I seriously can’t believe others don’t. I hold my dog with love and recognize her uniqueness, I would never harm her any more than I would harm a human baby. I cannot believe I ever thought anyone else would be any different…Of course they aren’t!!!

I lived so long somehow easily omitting a blatant and obvious truth from myself because I went along with society blindly - while always believing I was of independent mind!

I was wrong. There was so much I didn’t understand, and so much I did that went unquestioned simply out of conformity.

Many people know me and think (in general) good things about me (not everyone of course, but IRL I think it safe to say most people like me ;) ). Some who know I am vegan surely think this is just a small *fault* in my thinking despite my acknowledged competence and overall-consistent happy outlook. They are so deeply entrenched in groupthink that it is never even contemplated that it is them who isn’t seeing the *whole picture.*

People intake their dead flesh or pus-filled breast milk and talk about health, their children, etc., often while feeling a bit righteous (“I’m gonna eat what I want”) sitting next to the vegan. The vegan sits there and wonders if they are ignorant or just apathetic. It is one or the other, because once you know the facts it is unjustifiable in every sense our being to not live vegan. People will go to great lengths to defend something they do not fully understand and insist that the well-informed vegan is the one who is not thinking correctly.

Nonviolence. Justice. Compassion. Helps ALL fellow earthlings. Immediate improvements for the environment. Sustainability. Health. Joy. Love. Ease suffering. Clean water, land, and air. A clear choice with only positive and beneficial results…while nonvegan choices lead to nothing but disease and death for all beings and even our planet.

There is no justifiable reason to not live vegan.

Yes, vegans know the truth. Nonvegans would know too if they only allowed themselves to wake up to the facts.

It boils down to 3 choices.
Ignorance, apathy, or vegan? I know which one I am.

I LOVE BEING VEGAN
#GoVeganandNobodyGetsHurt

#Vegan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disrespectful or nasty comments will be deleted. Thank you.