Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Surrounded by Horror

I see the shelves for what they are…

a world of hurt

the corner where patrons dine on their hamburgers I visualize the irreplaceable rain forest burning

the tank where silent pleas for help represent the abject apathy of a dying ocean

the colorful bakery counter brings to mind the many mothers who have lost their babies

- to harbor so much grief and pain within those walls -

neat rows of packaged death, oppression, exploitation…

I can *see* them all and I feel an overwhelming helplessness to stop this senseless violence

to communicate effectively with people who are decent at heart but cannot *see*

please stop

that’s is all I can do – plead with people to stop

what we are doing is beyond terrible

beyond offensive

revolting

atrocious

depraved

disturbing

vile

disastrous

all are insufficient

vegans try to avoid complicity as best they can

with a uncaring, unthinking, unmerciful, violent monster

please stop

the screams surround me 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disrespectful or nasty comments will be deleted. Thank you.