Wednesday, May 27, 2015

I'm Awake and Feeling Great :)

Many times vegans have expressed delight and appreciation for their conscious evolution in becoming vegan, but there is always the inadequacy of words…the inability to fully express the feeling and connection.

Most of us have had the pleasure of watching a ‘feel-good’ video…maybe it was a firefighter rescuing a cat; maybe it was a dog who alerted his family of danger and saved their lives; maybe it was that video where people dug for hours to rescue the elephant from the mud pit; or untangle the turtle from the fishing net; or even a human doing a good deed for another human. When we watch the happy ending we breathe a sigh of relief and joy, and we feel emotional and a sense of fulfillment.

I was watching one such video the other day when it dawned on me…that is how I feel. It is how I feel when I wake up, when I work, when I tend my garden, when I go to bed at night. It is there. A feeling of grateful relief and happiness, of meaning and value, of feeling like an active participant in something wonderful and important.

I know some terrible things. I have seen places of nightmares. But I wouldn’t trade one bit of the awareness I carry, because there is that other part - the much stronger part - the wonder and gratitude of every moment that many of us have a hard time adequately putting to words.

I love being vegan, and will happily live vegan for the rest of my life. <3

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

“I felt like I was waking up from a long sleepwalk.”
~ James Cameron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disrespectful or nasty comments will be deleted. Thank you.