Thursday, August 28, 2014

Can You Be Fed Fear?

 
Many people each day talk about "karma" and "energy" and "peace". I find this intriguing. Since we know that many chemicals are released in our body when we are in fear, or pain, or distress, and since we already know that animals that are slaughtered are commonly in pain, fear, and distress…does anyone wonder exactly what people are eating? How does this affect karma? Energy? Peace?

We are a fear-based society, and fear is often strongly encouraged by our leaders and media. Isn’t it an interesting thought that one could also be FED fear and/or violence? That some foods could leach you of beneficial energy or clarity of thought? When I stopped eating animal products, something lifted from me. I am not speaking of morals or beliefs – that is why I gave them up in the first place. It is what happened to my level of clarity in the months that followed which cause me to recognize the very real possibility that animal use and intake of the dead impedes us to our core.

Benjamin Franklin: "My refusing to eat flesh occasioned an inconveniency, and I was frequently chided for my singularity, but, with this lighter repast, I made the greater progress, for greater clearness of head and quicker comprehension"

Tolstoy: "Flesh eating is simply immoral. By killing, man suppresses in himself, unnecessarily, the highest spiritual capacity.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disrespectful or nasty comments will be deleted. Thank you.