Saturday, August 23, 2014

Suffocating in a World So Cruel

Sometimes I feel like I am suffocating. My chest burns and I feel an inner sorrow so deep that I simply do not know how I can live another minute in such a world. I always bounce back…always….but in those times I feel such weight, such burden, and such shame.

Sometimes, while watching footage or reading articles, I sometimes find myself struggling to inhale. I am dumbfounded every single day at how out-of-touch we are, how much we fail to see. I am often deeply ashamed and distressed by our callousness and disregard for fellow beings, both human and animal.

I believe in “sharing the wealth” and I believe “It takes a village.” I believe in living simply, so others can have some, too. I believe in compassion, and helping others. I believe in feeding hungry people, even if I have to share something I worked hard for. I believe in treating the sick, without burdening them for life with medical bills. I believe in love for our Earth and our fellow beings and I believe in treating everyone as an equal. I believe in supporting the poor and the elderly.

There are times when I am immersed in yet another injustice to fellow beings when I feel such despair, such powerlessness to help…then I realize that if I don’t say or do something, even something small, then it is ME who is giving away my power. It is ME who should be blamed if I say nothing. It is MY fault if I give up, if I take the easier path and just acquiesce to an oblivious society.

I am glad for those who ‘cherish their happiness’, on ‘don’t focus on the negative’ or ‘see the glass half full’ or ‘have inner peace’ – I am glad they are lucky enough to be able to use such trite euphemisms. Some are not so lucky. Much of the human race is asleep even when ‘awake.’ The zombies have already arrived and have been here for a long time…in fact, they outnumber the ‘living’.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disrespectful or nasty comments will be deleted. Thank you.