Friday, November 7, 2014

Ending the Health Crisis

I don’t only worry about animals, and the rainforests, and GMOs, and other humans who I do not know but try and advocate for…I worry about those I love. I am not so obnoxious to believe that my diet choices alone will save me from some horribly diseased death, I would NEVER even try to suggest that. What I will GUARANTEE is that the risk of many disease will instantly drop significantly and any current diseases, whatever they are, will very likely become better managed or even disappear. Science is science, and facts are facts.

No matter what plant-based person on the planet drops dead tomorrow from a heart attack, it does not change statistics or incidence of occurrence, and plant-based diets significantly lower the rate of occurrence of almost every type of disease there is. Heart attacks and cancer, commonly referred to as ‘Western” disease, because our ‘Western’ diet KILLS people. There are NO documented cases of heart disease reversal when following current AHA GUIDELINES. However, there are MULTIPLE documented cases of heart disease reversal – more science and facts. (see Dr. Esselstyn and many associated peer-reviewed studies)

The rates of the entire spectrum of diseases just grow and grow. Diabetes, MS, Alzheimer’s, Autism, Asthma…you name the disease, the rate is climbing and climbing. The deadly combination of an unhealthy diet and eating a tremendous amount of chemicals results in products that are barely recognizable as food anymore. This includes GMOs (several clinical trials are showing health status improvement just by avoiding GMOs), and also includes animal foods, which tend to be saturated in chemicals and medications, of many kinds - not just antibiotics, pesticides, and hormones - but many that the general public know nothing about (ammonia treatments, meat glue, carbon monoxide to make it stay pink and look fresh, pink slime filler, etc.).

People try EVERYTHING, including putting MORE chemicals in their body in the form of medications and supplements to control a rash of symptoms and health issues. Yet often these people view a plant-based diet as “extreme”. I have seen it mentioned, and worth noting – having your chest opened up and having items stitched into you, your body reconstructed mechanically, or taking certain medications or supplements without giving a shot to JUST EATING REAL FOOD first is what strikes me as “extreme”!!!

I recommend you EAT. Eat as much as you can, whenever you can, but avoid GMOs unless proven safe, avoid ‘animal foods’ (meat, dairy, etc.) in any form, and don’t eat a lot of heavy oils. That’s it. Give it a month or two. Yup, you may feel weird for a week or two. You may shit a lot…that’s your body thanking you and getting out the crap (lol – literally)! Nothing works overnight. Be as fair to this as you would to anything else you were shoving in your body and give it at least a few weeks to shape the truth of what it may or may not do for you.

I am NOT saying you NEVER do anything else to care for yourself or your health. There will always be genetic disorders and diseases that are uncontrolled. Medications and other measures may still be necessary; I understand this and am not discouraging anyone from ever taking a medicine! I just know how much of a difference a plant-based diet has made in many lives, and there are so many people whose lives could be improved. People seem to perceive my plant-based diet is hard, yet I see all the struggles and medication and diet regimes, and I think that is backwards! Following a plant-based diet is quite easy in comparison!

People will notice I have, for one of the first times, referred to myself or anyone as ‘plant-based.’ A plant-based diet is NOT vegan, as veganism is not a diet. Veganism is a lifestyle.

I wish every human on Earth came to me tomorrow and said, “I care about animals, and other humans, and the rainforest, and water quality, and soil depletion and compassion and our Earth’s resources, etc. I have checked the facts and I know how much harm I do with my choices every day, I want to be vegan.”

OF COURSE that would be a dream come true for me!!! OF COURSE I would want that result. I have often mentioned I am 100% ethical vegan. Regardless of my lifestyle choice this does NOT negate facts, and the FACT is that a plant-based diet (non-GMO plant-based whole foods) is the healthiest DIET that exists.

So, yup, I want the world to be vegan. I want everyone in the world to care as much as I do. I want to end the enslavement of other beings, end discrimination and oppression for ALL beings, end any purposeless killing, and stop the utter destruction and disrespect of our planet, and I make no secret of this.

But this post is about health, and ‘vegan’ or not – people still need to be informed of REALITY and SCIENCE.

I still believe and always will that decent people would change if they understood. But, until my perfect world can be obtained, I want people to know the truth, get the facts, get off the GMOs, chemicals, pesticides, hormones, antibiotics, preservatives, and ‘animal foods’ and let’s solve this health crisis!

1 comment:

  1. Karyn, once again you say so much so well, there's very little to add. Imagine a world (or even a country -- OUR country) that realized a massive shift to a plant-based diet. Imagine the reduction in disease, obesity, and health care costs, and the concomitant increase in well-being, quality of life, and longevity. I hope everyone can imagine it, then take the steps necessary to make it happen, because this vision *can* become a reality; it *can* be achieved.

    ReplyDelete

Disrespectful or nasty comments will be deleted. Thank you.