Thursday, November 6, 2014

Thanks but No Thanks



For all the people who have offered me food that I have refused. I do thank you for your offer, and it is not that I don’t appreciate it, but…

I simply cannot self-explain the consumption (support) of food items that harm others, and especially those that gave money to the most unethical people and corporations on this planet. Although I am sure you intended to do me no harm, most of the products offered were of great risk to my personal health as well as the Earth itself and all of the glorious fauna and flora.

Putting nourishment in my body is the most important relationship I have with the Earth and all inhabitants, and I also love my life very much, so to do any of these harm would be absurd to me. To buy or consume (support) something that contained abuse, murder, waste, Earth-ravaging effects? That would be unethical.

So, thank you again, but your offer contains too much potential and actual harm to so many that I will happily pass.

I never feel deprived when I do not eat what others eat, and in fact it feels awesome to reflect my morals and love for others in the choices I make.

I love being vegan!!

1 comment:

  1. I understand the attitude of my non-vegan friends and family (though I am increasingly alienated from it) that I, as a vegan, am making a "sacrifice" or "missing out" on something (e.g., cheese, steak, etc.). I used to have the same attitude. The truth is, however, just the opposite for me now. I hold, humbly but firmly, that it is *they* who are "missing out." Missing out on the health benefits, the well-being that comes from reducing suffering for our fellow sentient earthlings and repairing the environment, and the harmony that flows from recognizing the commonalities rather than the differences between me and the animals I used to consume.

    ReplyDelete

Disrespectful or nasty comments will be deleted. Thank you.