Thursday, September 4, 2014

I Love My Friends!




To my wonderful friends:

I love my vegan friends, even the ones I have never met. There is no other group en masse that I can instantly understand as far as the kind of person they are and the values they hold. I know that being vegan isn’t always easy in our society (not for the reasons people might think), but it is critically important we always keep things in the proper perspective.

We can look back to people like Plutarch, Socrates, Einstein, Pythagoras, da Vinci, Thoreau…they predicted things would change, and I believe they ARE changing. Every day more options for vegans, every day the tide is turning. We likely have a long ways to go, and surely some tumultuous times, but people are beginning to evolve.

There is a passage in Reiki – a line of the passage is, “Just for today I will let go of worry". It makes a great point. It is imperative we recognize what we cannot immediately change, and let some of that go…”just for today”. Recognize how important you are, how much you HAVE already made a difference (YOU HAVE).

You are NOT alone…we are many. You are a pioneer of an awesomely wonderful message…it is not your fault if people are not ready to hear it!

I feel empowered and grateful. I am soooooo happy I didn’t go through most of my life before I ‘saw,’ or that I might have never ‘seen,’ and never even known what awful things I was doing or the impact I was having! As former non-vegans (most of us) we were ignorant supporters of horror, destruction, and oppression. I find such tremendous comfort in the fact that I am no longer that person.

What ‘could have been’ – I could still be killing and harming other Earthlings, abusing them, destroying our ecosystems and putting rotting flesh and secretions in my body. I sometimes get frustrated, angry, and sad…absolutely I do…but then I realize that I am feeling that way because I CARE and I am informed, and that is AWESOME.

The fact that vegans have already been so brave to question indoctrinated ideas is admirable, and I applaud every single one of you. We cannot avoid feeling sad sometimes for the mindless violence and heavy losses - it is what makes us who we are. Feeling sad or frustrated at times is what makes YOU decent and kind, and that is exactly the same thing that makes you wonderful and important. YOU MATTER, and I love you all!

“There is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come.”
- Victor Hugo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disrespectful or nasty comments will be deleted. Thank you.