Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Veganism Can...Save the World?!?!?


If anyone asks me, “What about devastating products such as Palm Oil?”
My answer (especially if the person asking is non-vegan) is, “The world should go vegan.”
So, the obvious question…”But Palm Oil isn’t made from animals…?”

Not, it is not…but it is made under great cruelty and environmental destruction, which would not be vegan values. Most vegans make exceptional efforts to avoid products suc...h as Palm Oil because our ethics do not tolerate animal cruelty or ‘ownership’ over life, and vegans would not support the destruction of the primary habitat(s) for these wonderful Earthlings, human or animal.

People can compare veganism to extremism, religion, cults, whatever…but the truth is vegan values are clear and unflinching, not fluid and/or a tad insane, discriminatory, or based in irrationality as the aforementioned ‘groups’ often ARE.

We would not allow huge habitats to disappear overnight for greed and selfishness. We would not allow society to dominate, destroy, and kill everything. But, in a vegan society, there would be no need to ‘not allow’ it – there would be no need to have laws to prevent or control these things, because they simply would not be the ‘norm’ or thought acceptable.

It would be difficult to find a vegan murderer, a vegan rapist, a vegan racist, etc…because those are not vegan values. What other class of people could you meet and KNOW that statistically, every single one of them is compassionate, loves other Earthlings, wants to do good for the Earth while enjoying the privilege of being here, and are totally convinced (and correctly so) that we COULD create a non-violent society that benefits ALL?

Violence is our societal ‘norm’ – veganism changes that, as it changes the perspectives on the value of all life and living beings.

Environmental devastation – utter, EXTREME environmental devastation - is our societal norm, and veganism changes that, because it enables people to understand the effect they have upon the entire world. Most vegans deeply understand our food and the systems and policies that impact our entire world, and we would NOT be eradicating an entire species for one easily avoidable or unsustainable ingredient.

Sickness and disease is our societal norm – veganism changes that, as it is well-documented that vegans overall live the longest and are the most free of chronic life-threatening diseases.

Killing and cruelty is our societal norm, along with claims of ‘loving’ others while we harm them tremendously – veganism changes that, because we CAN stop, because we CAN be kind. We don’t have to be violent to anyone, in the overwhelming majority of situations. We CAN stop taking lives and ‘using’ others for purposes that no longer make any rational sense for our species.

It COULD be super-easy to change the entire world. Long ago I KNOW I have said it too…before it clicked…”I could NEVER be vegan/vegetarian.” I thought it was restrictive, hard to do, bad for my health. I was so wrong, on every level one can be wrong. I thought I ‘loved’ everyone, I thought I was an ‘environmentalist,’ I thought I was taking care of myself…I was wrong.

It isn’t about ‘listening to someone’ or ‘taking my advice’ or even maintaining the brainwashing we have all endured. All it takes is a few brain cells and the desire to be good, to DO good, and becoming informed. It doesn’t take much research for decent, kind people to arrive at THEIR OWN conclusion. BUT, I warn you – if you really do have those brain cells, and you REALLY do care about the world and all beings on it, you will find there is one glaring unavoidable option…GO VEGAN. Or else you’d then just have to admit you don’t care - about any of us, or even about your own family and their future.

It is an awesome way to live…it doesn’t take long…you feel it…you KNOW it – the world is a better place when vegan, especially meeting all the amazing vegans from all over the world who are fighting for a clean, safe, lush, green planet where equality and love make the decisions, not greed and selfishness. I love my fellow vegans tremendously…I know what they stand for, I know what they care about, and I know that they believe in all the good things this wonderful life has to offer.

Ethics. Equality. Compassion. Non-violence. Love. Be informed. GO VEGAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disrespectful or nasty comments will be deleted. Thank you.